Lytton Park has a breath of home styles. Detached are the norm but semi-detached, terrace homes, and duplexes can also be found. The historical homes in the neighbourhood consist of Georgian, Colonial, Tudor and Craftsman style homes. There is truly something for everyones preferred style. Custom homes are also becoming prevalent with record sales in recent years approaching the five million dollar mark. The most prized homes in Lytton Park are the lots backing onto the lush ravines.
Residents of Lytton Park have amenities at their disposal within a short distance including Pusateri’s Fine foods, Sporting Life, coffee shops and plenty more between Avenue Road & Yonge Street. Notable schools in the area include Havergal College, Lawrence Park Collegiate, John Ross Robertson and Glenview Public School each of which containing fields, Baseball Diamonds and running tracks for the community. Not to mention public parks such as the neighbourhoods namesake, Lytton Park, Glenview Parkette, and Otter Creek Park. In addition, there are plenty of sports organizations such as the North Toronto Soccer Club and North Toronto Tennis Club.
Originally Lytton Park was a 200 acre farm owned by John MacDougall, a United Empire Loyalist. It was bought by the Snider family who built the first home in the area at 744 Duplex Avenue. The original cottage style home was expanded and renovated throughout the years and is now Georgian in appearance. It is one of the oldest private residences in Toronto. In 1912, the town of North Toronto of which Lytton park was a part of was annexed by the City of Toronto which spurred massive residential growth. This growth led to the establishment of one of Toronto’s oldest schools, and Lytton Park’s landmark, John Ross Robertson Public School.